Landon Elliott Bishop is six years old! Where has the time gone? I am so glad that we decided to have another baby and that this little guy came into our family. He is funny, smart, kind, loving, sensitive, addicted to electronics, loves sleeping with his stuffed animals, and I love him.
When we talked about what he wanted to do for his birthday he gave us quite the list. He wanted to have a water party, go bowling, go to a hotel that has breakfast, and go to Pizza Pie Cafe. Craig and Tiffani were moving from Orem to Provo on his birthday so we decided to go to to Utah Valley and help them move for a bit and then celebrate his birthday.
He was able to take a
treat in for his school class and we choose Fruit By The Foot and
cookies. He said, "I think people will like your cookies".
The night before Paige decorated his room while Savannah wrapped his presents (I love having helpers). Landon fell asleep in my bed so the girls could get their "work" done. Afterwards, we took him down to his bed.
Paige had us all write things about Landon on sticky notes and she put them all over his door.
He decided to open a few presents before breakfast. Savannah gave him her old iPod (that was first Paige's). Paige gave him an alligator stuffed animal and he got some cars and a big bag of Jolly Ranchers.
He looks like an alien in the picture.
For breakfast he wanted German pancakes, bacon, and juice so that's what we had. Aren't I accommodating?!
After he played Just Dance on the Wii with Savannah and Ashton our next-door neighbor.
Then we drove down to Orem. I brought the iPad so he could play in the car and while we were helping with the move but Landon was so excited and eager to help take boxes out to the truck. Oh, I forget to mention that he's a good helper!
A funny thing happened just before leaving Craig's house. Landon went to the bathroom. I was in there with him. As he was pulling up his underwear he looked a little confused and said that his underwear was broken. I bent over to see what he was talking about and noticed that he had two pair of underwear on! In his excitement that morning he didn't take off his dirty underwear before putting on his clean underwear! It was SO funny! Then just a few minutes later he said, "That was awkward"! Didn't I say he was funny?
We then went to Slab Pizza in Provo for lunch (much better choice than Pizza Pie Cafe). Everyone was there except for Andrew and Hannah (she was working).
He opened the rest of his presents from us...Legos!
And from Becca...Phineas and Ferb stuffed animals.
He chose lemon poppy seed cake (Grandma Carolyn's recipe). There were sparkler candles so he had to blow the candles many times.
Apparently it's finger food!
Time for bowling at BYU!! Becca, Trevor, Paige, Savannah, Landon, and I bowled! It was a lot of fun! Did I mention that I won?? Becca and Landon had some creative ways of bowling.
He loves the panda bear and candy from Trevor and Laura.
On his last frame, Landon asked a girl at a nearby lane to bowl for him. Later she and her friend came up and each gave him a dollar! The kids played a few games of skee ball and Robert and Landon played air hockey. Love his look of concentration and notice he has two paddles.
Next stop was the BYU creamery for ice cream! He had graham canyon (seriously the best) and raspberry sherbet. Uncle Matthew and his family joined us which is always fun.
Landon and George spent a lot of time playing with the newspaper machine. Didn't realize they were that exciting.
We went over to Craig and Tiffani's new totally darling home and helped a little more. Landon loved playing in their yard and collecting berries from the trees with George.
On the way home we stopped for a late dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We were all so tired we just wanted to go home and go to bed.
It was a great day! I wish he wasn't getting so big and that I could freeze time. I LOVE this boy!


No comments:
Post a Comment