Sunday, August 31, 2014

Life as I knew it...


The kids started school last week. I'm not sure where the summer went but it's over. My life will never be the same. That sounds drastic I know but Landon started first grade people!! And, you know what that means? Yep, no more kids at home during the day. (Notice the absence of an exclamation point.) This will be the first time since I was married, almost fifteen years ago, that I haven't had kids home. Well come to think of it, there were those five months after Hannah started first grade but I was pregnant with Paige so that doesn't count, right?

For the past four years, it's just been Landon and me. He's my little buddy. I already miss having him around. It really hasn't sunk in. They've had three half days and one full week. Once it sinks in, I'll get back to whether I like it. Their first day of full day school I spent cleaning. The other days, I ran some errands, did some ironing, finished a quilt, met Robert for lunch, read a book, and did some more cleaning. WOW! The life of a stay at home mom with all her kids in school!

Paige started seventh grade and junior high. She is still at Legacy but has moved downstairs in the building. She's SO happy to be back in school. She's had fun getting all her school supplies, making covers for her binders, and just getting her life as a seventh grader organzied!


Savannah is in fifth grade and moved over to the secondary campus at Legacy. She's at the same campus as Paige but upstairs so they rarely, if ever, see each other. She likes school but I'd say she's most excited about being able to see her friends everyday. She didn't get the teacher she was hoping for and only has a few friends in her class but she's happy and taking it all in stride.


Landon started first grade as a five year old. He's in Saxon math, which I guess is impressive since the girls were freaking out about it. After school on the first day, I asked him how he liked it. He told me that it was, "Sooooooo long." It was a short day remember (only four hours) so I hope he adjusts to being in school for seven hours a day!


I hope I adjust to him being in school for seven hours a day...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rie! (notice the exclamation point)
    I cannot believe Landon is in school already! (notice the exclamation point)
    I am sure you will all be very happy, even if you are apart for a few hours a day. Should I send you some classic Italian recipes that take 6 hours to prepare? Love you all. Big kiss to Big man Landon.
    Simona

    ReplyDelete